Why on earth can't I disable SearchWiki in Google Search?

Google Experiments are usually very interesting and I participate/use many of them. SearchWiki is one cool concept too... details about searchwiki are here. Now that I experimented, I want to get rid of that, but for some strange reason, google doesn't allow you to ! ...  Any logged in user by default gets the searchwiki with all the buttons around and previous modifications to results. That looks crap and I want to get out of it but just can't find an option.. Google search found thousands of people lamenting on the same and one of the links talked about how to disable... the page: it talks about

  • signing off - Nope.. I don't want to do that as gmail doesn't require login for couple of weeks I think and I don't want to sign off google to keep signing into gmail everytime.
  • GreaseMonkey script - No, I don;'t want to install some plugins to just do some search
  • Join some experiments - well, if I have to join an experiment to get out of another experiment. ... whatever. .I tried giving a shot and joined experimental keyboard shortcuts.... And then too the searchwiki is enabled :(

Not sure, if anybody has been able to figure out a good opt-out mechanism, if so, please share your thoughts...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temples in Bangalore!

Blogspot.in?

Booked my first car!